Friday, May 6, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Hold Your Horses

You know I lead an exciting life, right?  Allow me to fill you in on the latest excitement.

On Tuesday, I drive my kids to school.  Well, this Tuesday, we didn't make it to school as a driver ran a red light and totaled my van.  With all the kids inside.  On the way to school.  My oldest was a little traumatized.  Thursday, at the end of the school day, there was a second wreck there.  Fortunately for us, we were not involved.  I might have issues with that intersection now.  (That's the short story.)  Thank God we're all okay, although I have a bit of back pain from lifting the little kids into the truck.  We fortunately have a truck that will fit all the kids and myself, but van shopping is on the agenda next week.

Needless to say, my sewing didn't progress as fast or as far as I had initially planned.
I have 63 of these little beauties to make, and I've already decided they desperately need sashing.  That will wait for another month, as I'll be lucky to finish all the blocks this month.

This weekend is Spunky's First Communion, so my mom and I are busy cleaning!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.




13 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

SO GLAD you and family were not hurt in the wreck!! Poor kids, that would be scarry. So you say you have 63 more of those blocks to make ..... all in green and pink? THey are adorable.

Kate said...

Definitely not a good week. Glad that no one was hurt. That had to be scary for everyone. Love your star blocks. The pink and green are going to make for a very colorful and bright quilt.

Deb A said...

Oh no! So glad everyone is ok. Dealing with the totaled van and car shopping is a lot of work. Did that a couple of years ago. Hope you find something that will work for your family quickly and in the budget. Congrats to the little with the big celebration tomorrow!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh no, Katie! That sounds very scary. Hope the kids are handling it okay. Maybe you'll get the chance for some relaxing sewing this weekend. Your pink and green stars are very sweet and springy!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Ouch! so glad though that your little ones are okay. Take good care :)

Angie said...

Your blocks look amazing, but more importantly - I'm glad you all are OK!! Good luck with the van shopping.

Alison V. said...

I was in an accident last year and I totally understand! I love those pink and green blocks. :)

Cathy said...

Katie, I'm so glad to hear that all of you came through the accident OK. What a horrible thing to have happen to young children. Lots of hugs help! Your pink and green blocks are so cute! And congrats on the First Communion.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, geez!! Good luck with the van shopping. So glad that all of your people were OK!! That's the important part. The van can be replaced and your sewing will keep.

Cathy said...

A totaled van and all are okay? Wow. Someone is looking over all of you, thank goodness.

I know how you feel about the intersection. Someone totaled my car a few years ago because they ran a red light while on the cell phone. I avoid that intersection.

Love the color combo in your stars.

Julierose said...

Oh happy to hear that you all were ok--watch that back though--sometimes it takes a while for the hurt to show up!! Pretty little blocks--I agree with the sashing decision...hugs, Julierose

make.share.give said...

So sorry about your wreck- glad you're all okay. Love your stars!

Magpie Sue said...

Now I understand your pain at having to shop for a new van. I had a similar experience more than a decade ago. Fortunately our children were older when it happened but we were in a car not a van. We were all traumatized by the event. Don't be surprised if it takes more time than you expect to be comfortable in your body and at that intersection again.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...