Wednesday, August 2, 2017

August Goals

In July, my goals were:
1.  Tame my blue scraps: trim, Garden Party, mini 9s, hourglass, orphan blocks, and Barn Dance.  Maybe, if a miracle occurs, I'll lay out my Bits and Bobs and begin piecing the top.  DONE!

2.  Get as far as I can on finishing Tell it to the Star.  I have four blocks to hand quilt, and I will finish at least two.  Completely DONE!

3.  Rose appliqué: keep quilting.  YES.

4.  Finish my flying geese quilt.  I have a quilting plan and threads selected.  DONE?

5.  Make Sneaky Pete's name letters for the closet door.  DONE.

6.  I would love to finish a few centerpiece mats for my mom, but I think I need my sister to do some embroidery, so I'll do my bit, mark them, and send them on.  I'll at least make the tops and make progress.  My part is done, the rest gathered and passed on.

In August, I would like to...
1.  Sew up the neutral scraps: trim, Garden Party, mini 9s, hourglass, orphans, and Barn Dance.  Also, get Bits and Bobs to the flimsy stage.

2.  Rose appliqué: two threads a week, quilting

3.  Rail fence: done, preferably by August 18.

4.  ABC appliqué quilt. As time allows after the above goals, maybe finish this one?  The letters are glue-prepped and ready for stitching.  All the sashing, etc., is cut.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress in July. Good luck with your plans for August.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...