Saturday, August 26, 2017

Slow and Steady

All right, fess up!  Who stole my week?

I thought I had things under control this week, but then I went back to volunteering at school for a few hours, got sunburned during said volunteering, and ended up with a three-day migraine.  It's not crippling, but the feeling of "not-quite-rightness" certainly saps my energy.  Oh, well.  That's the only lesson I will present outside, so I won't repeat that mistake.


My Barn Dance blocks are so happy!  Those two brown ones looks awfully similar, but one has yellow and one doesn't.  In the end, they won't be side by side, so it's fine.  I only have four of these blocks left to make before I lay them all out.


Five more rows sewn on Bits and Bobs means only four left.  Part of my considered being ambitious and attempting a few more, but instead I opted to quilt my ABC quilt, which now awaits binding.



I forgot about Monday and the eclipse!  We had about 94% coverage, I think.  I hadn't really paid attention to "eclipse coverage" so I was surprised to see the crescent shadows under the trees.  It was great fun!

In retrospect, it was a splendidly full week, and beyond the headache, lovely.  I think I approached eight hours of actual sleep for the first time in... years.  As I haven't slept through the night in twelve years, eight hours of sleep is hard to come by!

I'm looking forward to the new color.  (Be sure to check out the projects this weekend!)

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

There is almost nothing worse than a migraine that won't go away! Glad you got through it to the other side. I really like your barn dance blocks with the dark backgrounds!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Productivity in spite of a 3-day migraine! I'm impressed by your commitment to getting things done. (And more than a little jealous that you're almost ready to start putting your Barn Dance quilt together!!)

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Congratulations on getting some lovely work done despite your migraine. I always tell my hubby I feel like I'm moving at a snail's pace when I've got a migraine. Have a great weekend! Andrea

Sheila said...

Sorry to hear about the migraine. Happy to see your progress on the Bits and Bobs quilt. Awesome. Fun picture of the eclipse shadows.

scraphappy said...

Bits and Bobs is getting so close! Lovely progress on the neutral blocks too.

Kate said...

Sunburns are no fun and neither are migranes. Glad you've recovered from both. Love the Barn Dance blocks. You are so close on Bits and Bobs. It's such a fun and colorful quilt. Hopefully this next week won't go so fast.

Julierose said...

Love your blocks--I can empathize with the migraines as I have suffered from them for years...(Bed, dark room, cold packs, eyes shut--yep, all of those things...)
I cannot sew if I get one or the start of one, don't know how you managed...;((((
Your bits and bobs is going to be amazing...hugs feel better, Julierose

PaulaB quilts said...

The browns show so well against that gorgeous blue. Good choices. I pranayama you have a healthy week.

Deb A said...

Never good when Mom is not 100%. Glad the migraine is gone and wow - 8 hours of sleep! Hope that starts to happen more often for you. Love all the projects - so much progress despite a busy week. The sliver moons were so fun to see through the leaves.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...