Saturday, August 31, 2024

Orange You Glad?

 52 orange 16 patch blocks are what I finished this week.  Then, this morning, when I went to out them away with the others, I couldn’t find the rest!  There are over a thousand, so it shouldn’t be this difficult, but I think that demonstrates how worn out my brain is.

I have a binding to work on today.  While it would be really “convenient” to finish it today, it’s more likely I’ll finish it next week.

Our second full week of school is over. There are things I’m finding easier, but there are still so many things I don’t know!  I’m grateful that my fellow teachers are kind and helpful, and that we all laugh when we find one more thing no one thought to explain to me.

I’ve spent the last hour wandering from place to place, putting away papers and clothes and just things.  Next up is some sewing.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on surviving week 2 of school. Hopefully it gets easier. Your orange 16 patches are pretty fun. Hope you get in some rest and a bit of stitching time over the holiday weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your orange 16 patches are beautiful, Katie! It boggles my mind that you could make 52 of them. I remember well those first weeks of school - they're exhausting! Have a wonderful school year!

August Block Count

 I thought I wrote this, but it seems to be lost somewhere or I never wrote it at all… August was a quiet block month, with only 42 16-patch...