Monday, December 24, 2012

Short List Shortening...

What I really wanted to do Friday was complete step #5 of my mystery quilt, but instead... I let the Assistant dig out her sewing machine (which we must replace, as it is a piece of junk and not at all conducive to enjoying sewing), searched out a tutorial for peasant dresses, and spent a significant portion of the next 36 hours trying to keep my temper as the Assistant and Spunky did everything within their power to foil what should have been an easy project.  So it goes when you teach a 6yo and 4yo to sew, create patterns, and pin.

At least the dresses are done!  I used the pattern found here.
They don't stand still often, so I had to get an on-the-go picture!

The fabric had been selected by the Assistant and me after a sew-in at Material Girls Quilt Shoppe while waiting for Zdh to have some truck repairs completed.  I wish we had had a few inches left to make some belts, but I didn't know what we would do with the fabric when we purchased it.  Ah, well.

And Bear Cub Q in his train PJs... erm... all-the-time wear!
Since the girls had new fun sewing goodies, I pulled out a quick project for Bear Cub Q.  A lovely friend send me a gift certificate to a Hancock's of Paducah, so as part of my goodies, I picked out some Thomas the Train fabric.  Bear Cub ran around with the remaining train fabric draped around his shoulders like a shawl, announcing, "I Jesus, Mommy.  I Jesus."  Meanwhile, I whipped up a pillowcase.  He's so easy to please, it's beautiful.  He's also obsessed with trains right now, so he has exactly three shirts and two pairs of pants that are acceptable to wear!

That's two quickies from the short list!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Alzbeta said...

Just can't get enough of that sweet photo on the top! It's so them - in motion, giggly, happy... so fun! Definitely a keeper :).

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...