Monday, December 24, 2012

Easy Street Step #5

My ironing board and iron are in the barn, so I still have some pressing to which to attend (long story... LONG story).

I've had a sleepless night or two with some serious contractions all night, only to let up around dawn. My due date is 17 days away, so I'd enjoy the contractions leading to real labor any day.

All the distractions aside, I've finished the latest step.  Some of my favorite fabrics are included in this step (I love turquoise and metallics and was able to use both in this step!), and cutting squares was much easier than lots of triangles, no matter how much fancy rulers simplified the steps.  Let's just realize that I am not the most accurate cutter!


Anticipation is beginning to build as I wonder how all my random bits and pieces will join up in the end.  Fortunately, I've kept up so far, so even if I can't finish the remaining steps for some time, I will know I have some significant piecing already complete!


The mystery from the beginning:


from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Crystal Medley said...

cool layout

Anonymous said...

Love the metallics. All the best for the baby - maybe you'll get most of the mystery finished before delivery! Merry Christmas.

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...