Sunday, December 16, 2012

Easy Street Step #4

Done, done, and done!

I was more particular about lining up my strips for cutting with the Easy Angle ruler this time, and I could see a vast improvement in my sewing accuracy.

I still need to work on being gentler with my pressing as some of my geese are a bit warped.  Given the number of geese so far, maybe we'll make 32 more, and that time I'll focus on being less enthusiastic in my pressing!

With only 23 days until my due date, I'm grateful the steps and my schedule have been so accommodating.  School ends Thursday.  I certainly hope the kids won't mind if Mommy is a little preoccupied Friday morning.  Maybe I should bake another batch of sugar cookies and let them decorate unsupervised!  (I'm not sure anyone but a sugar-fiend could eat some of their creations.)

Many people have begun playing with layouts, but at this point I am content with simply finishing each step.  There are so many other things for me to piece together right now, that for this quilt I am enjoying just cutting and piecing.

There is still time to begin the mystery if you care to join.  Click on the links below for more!


The mystery from the beginning:


from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

sewkalico said...

I am impressed that you are doing it at all! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Yep, let the kids go unsupervised with decorating the cookies - they'l have fun fun fun ;-) The cleaning up might be a problem though LOL. I have 6 so I understand. Your stacked geese look lovely.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...