Sunday, December 2, 2012

Easy Street Step #2


128 flying geese complete.
Pictured are 90, as I was losing daylight and wanted a "decent" photo.
All 128 still need the last dog ears trimmed.

I must confess my sewing of this round is not the most impressive.  I had a lot of slipping during my cutting of the black-on-white triangles.  The end result?  My triangles didn't match up as nicely as they could (and should).  In the future, I will starch my strips before I slice and dice on the bias.

I also cut my 2"x 3 1/2" rectangles of black and white, but they are tucked away where my preggo brain can remember them!

I also finished a few more spools.

The mystery from the beginning:

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Well as they say, done is better than perfect :)
Spray starch is my bestest sewing friend!
Well done!

Angie in SoCal said...

Cutting is my least accurate part of quilting. You are not alone. But they look great!

JoAnne said...

Your geese are looking great. While I don't think my ruler was slipping, I did notice that the "nub" of the sky triangle seemed wider than the top of the geese pieces. I just made sure that I was lining up the long skinny points and they seemed to come out fine. I'm a follower now and am looking forward to seeing your progress.

Anonymous said...

Your geese are looking lovely. The spool blocks are cute too.

Judy Hansen said...

I have trouble with flying geese too. However, in the old quilts, often the points are cut off in piecing, and the quilts are still lovely, so I'm relaxing about it.
Judy

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

I think they look great - but I'm with you there...I think I'm a pretty good cutter/stitcher yet my geese are sure ruffling my feathers this time around! But you're done! Whahoo! I have started..yey me!

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...