Thursday, December 20, 2012

Fiber Finishes

'Twas the week before Christmas,
and all through the house
were strewn bits of yarn
in grey, white, and red.




I've been kept busy with a wholesale order for Zana's Ninis, so my sewing fell by the wayside this week.  In the last two weeks, I've managed to churn out four knight's helmets, five Santa hats, and a chunky wool blanket.

Today, Thursday, due to a ice-bound day (it was slicker than snot this morning, apparently, so the kiddos and I are at home instead of running errands), I made some new pouches for my diaper bag.  When we have newborns, it's too much work to carry a diaper bag and a purse, so I've made a mini purse for my wallet, keys, etc., and a bag for all those nursing mommy necessities.  I think I may still try to make a project bag to carry sewing or crocheting in (although, let's be honest... I won't sew or crochet for a while), but there are lots of other projects to complete, so who knows?!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

p.s. (Tomorrow, I intend to link up to CrazyMomQuilts)

2 comments:

Alzbeta said...

Ooo... I love the little pouch that looks drawstring (is it?) Super adorable!

John'aLee said...

Talk about getting things done! I'm impressed. Love your work!

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...