Wednesday, December 5, 2012

TWO Finishes!

These skirts were requested by my sister... a long time ago.  Let's just say that if you say you're not in a hurry, and you're family, your request goes at the bottom of the list... and goes back to the bottom of the list when there are more pressing business orders.

I love my sister.  She does all the awesome photography for me (I do the bad photography all by myself, thankyouverymuch).  She even runs her own business!

She has a little girl 5 1/2 weeks younger than Bear Cub Q, and her second little girl is due 6 weeks after  baby JoJo, so when she requested twirly skirts, I said, "Of course."  Then I added, "Eventually."

So eventually has come.


I used, once again, the fabulous hand dyed fabric I purchased from Vicki Welsh on Etsy.  If you haven't purchased her fabric yet, WHY NOT?  Red Dawn is the gradient I used for the two skirts.  The bitty skirt is only pink and purple, as babies are tiny!  Nuggette will get the other, and I sure hope it's long enough as that girl has LONG legs!

I will have to come back and add photos of the girls (when they are both out and about, you know, since Lil Bit is still in utero) as these skirts are much more precious on girls than on the floor.

Now for some more twirly skirts for gifties for other lovely girls (ssh!).  I'll be using the Strawberry Red  gradient.  I don't see it on Vicki's site right now, but it will probably be there soon.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

OMG, that tiny skirt is sooooo cute!

Alzbeta said...

Anni says, "oooo... I wike dem!" and keeps requesting to see "Anni's skirt and Yi' Bit's skirt." She thinks it's pretty great that there's one for each of them :).

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...