Saturday, May 18, 2013

Spring Green

If you're visiting for the first time from Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival, welcome!

My name is Katie Z.  As a mother of four, a mostly-stay-at-home mom (I own a VERY small business), and responsible for a growing large garden/small farm, quilting is what I do to keep myself sane!

What a splendid project was this quilt!  I made it as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, where we work with using up our scraps from the selected color for the month.  Last month was green, and I had decided I was crazy enough make a whole scrappy quilt, start to finish, in one month.  It took a little more than the month, as I had lots of scraps to work through.  I even had to piece some of the scraps to make squares large enough to make the half square triangles.
 Assembling the blocks was the hardest part.  Who knew you could sew together half square triangles and four patches together (incorrectly) so many different ways!  I had a set of blocks I ripped out at least three times before I got them right!
Even a scrappy backing!
 I gave the quilt to one of my nieces for her birthday.  She kept asking if she could take it home, so that means she likes it!
Pattern: Blue Ridge Beauty by Bonnie Hunter in Adventures with Leaders and Enders
Pieced and Quilted by: ME!
Size: 60" x 72"
Fabric: Scraps

8 comments:

trish said...

Your quilt is gorgeous!!!

Kerri K said...

OMG, Katie! This quilt is absolutely GORGEOUS! I think it is my favorite quilt of yours so far. AWESOME!

CitricSugar said...

Awesome scrap quilt - love your interplay of value!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a great interpretation of the Green theme. I'm impressed you made it so quickly.

Marla said...

Fun pattern. What a great quilt.

Aoife said...

Fantastic quilt! I love how you can see the concentric diamonds, but once you look closer everything is small squares and triangles like a mosaic. No wonder your niece was so delighted to take it home :)

Patti said...

This is a beauty, and I love the use of all the different green values!

Renee said...

Wonderful use of scraps! The layout is really neat.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...