Saturday, May 18, 2013

RSC: Blue Edition

Yikes!  Another week without posting!  (This is what happens when a bookshelf blocks your access to the computer until you clean the moldy carpet and put furniture back.)  We're still unpacking boxes, but it's back to work!


I managed to baste my Simply Woven quilt, which is a blue and green scrappy quilt. I hope to quilt it and get the binding ready for hand stitching before our company comes!

Backing of the quilt!
A few more blue spools joined their friends on the wall.

My Irish Chain block Bs are all done (44).  Now to see what I can accomplish in the next week, before school is out for the summer.  I won't get all 45 block As done as the garden is still awaiting sweet potato slips and corn to be planted.  A few more herbs, and I may actually be done planting.  Whew!

Check out all the other lovely blues at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.


9 comments:

scraphappy said...

It is too easy to go from one week to another without finding time to post. Life does get in the way! Glad you found some time to sew though. Very pretty spools.

Julierose said...

Nice spools--you are amazing to get them done while moving. Have a super weekend Julierose

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I've had a busy week away from sewing too... getting my momentum gathered for a quilty weekend! Your spools look great.

Sheila said...

Happens to me, too :D
Pretty spools!

Sarah said...

I know exactly what you mean - sometimes life gets in the way! Nice spools by the way!

Cathy said...

Love the spools. Not much time for sewing here either when spare time turns to gardening this time of year.

Edith said...

Katie, I'm not quite sure how you do it all! Nice work with the clean-up and the lovely spools.

Ellen said...

Nice spools - at this time of year it can be challenging to find time to sew.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great blue spools! I've finally given in and started a scrappy spool quilt...have a few blocks cut for a leader/ender project.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...