Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stash Report Week #37




The tree skirt is finished, binding and all! Woohoo! That's 14 3/4 yards out this week. It has 62 stars, ranging from the 21" feathered star using the pattern by Marcia Hohn to 7 - 2" star blocks I made with no pattern. It is quilted in 4 pieces, each starting with a small circle that spirals out, at the request of DH. Unfortunately, that caused problems with the backing, so I had to do a few patches at the end due to wrinkles and puckers. Since I usually don't machine quilt, I think it looks pretty good. In fact, I think it looks pretty awesome in the picture (maybe even better than when I look at it in real life, since I look at the individual blocks and mistakes).

I also made an apron this week, the first of 8. I am making Christmas gifts for myself, mom, sisters and sister-in-law, as well as my 2 daughters and my niece. It should be fun! I won't count that yardage until they're all done because there will be so many scraps and bits that may get used in the next one... I'm making my mom's next!

IN this week: 0 yd
IN YTD: 97 yd

OUT this week: 14 3/4 yd
OUT YTD: 119 yd

TOTAL: 21 YD OUT YTD!

From the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

pdudgeon said...

OOOOOOOOOOHHH! that is BEAUTIFUL!!!
what a lot of work you put into that skirt. i love the circular quilting. it's very unique and not something you would expect to see every day.
I could look at this for a loooong time. there are so many great stars, and i love the little tiny bitty ones. those are too cute!

Randi said...

What a beautiful tree skirt!

mereth said...

I love the quilting on the tree skirt, it almost looks antique, and the apron is nice too. What's the back like? I suppose it just has ties and that little piece across the shoulders. I'm looking for the perfect apron pattern and I might try one of these. Good job and they'll be lovely gifts.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...