Saturday, September 27, 2008

Stash Report Week 39

I'm typing this a day early because I must work Sunday morning. Sadness. I don't like to work on Sundays.

I finished all 3 of the little girl aprons this week, and have 2 adult aprons (although I think it may be 3, because I want to make one of each pattern for myself). When I am finished with all the aprons, there will be another 15 1/3 yards or more out of my stash. I will still have about 2 1/2 yards of each of the main fabrics left, but that will be perfect for a few quilts. Yeah!

I cut up an old apron I made several years ago. It was poorly made, and I like the fabric, so that is 3/8 yd returned to my stash (the rest went to the trash).

Next week I will (hopefully) be participating in a shop hop, even though I can't possibly make it to all 10 shops by myself with the 2 girls. I couldn't have the main prize anyone (a quilting retreat for me and a friend) because I couldn't leave my baby for a weekend, and I don't have any friends who quilt to take with me! Plus, gas prices are bad... I do have plans on visiting at least one shop new to me and one old shop that has the most amazing selection I've ever seen. Then there will be more in fabric! I have some special projects to start shopping for: a new baby blanket, fabric for a quilt for a brother-in-law, a solid royal blue to match a print I have for a new skirt for me, and a black solid or print to go with a Coca-cola print for my dad. It will be fun looking! Plus, I always love snowflake (for me), star (for DH), butterfly (assistant), and turquoise fabrics!

IN this week: 3/8 yard
IN YTD: 97 3/8

OUT this week: 0 yd
OUT YTD: 119 yd

Total YTD: 20 5/8 OUT!!!!

2 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

You're a BAD influence--I dug out my apron pattern and am thinking about making aprons for Christmas presents! And since "pdudgeon" was wondering, I have USED 73 yards out of my stash, not that it has made much of a dent yet!

Midlife Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by! This fall give away is amazing, I can't believe all the nice things people are giving away! You've all inspired me to get some of my UFO's finished!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...