Friday, June 26, 2009

Fresh Veggies!

I'm preparing to leave for my 4th day of training now, and just finished taking care of the garden. Even with the bug bites, picking fresh produce makes me feel... at peace.

I pulled lots of weeks - bindweed, some talk weed that grows right under my nose, grass, mimosa tree sprouts... It's my mom's birthday tonight, so I picked fresh goodies for a salad. I picked mesclun (sp?), although it's not really a mix - just one type of green, thinned my turnips, picked peas, dying baby onions, and my first 3 cukes! Two will go in the salad and one will stay at home for DH to eat. The three cukes aren't very big, but they weighed a pound total!

I'm still seriously behind in weeding, but it won't be caught up today. I do look forward to tomatoes (I see flowers!) and lots of potatoes in the coming weeks. The beans are growing like crazy, and there are vines everywhere!

Now to wait on tests for my sister to be her husband's kidney donor. I pray the results are in today!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

sewkalico said...

Your garden sounds wonderful, but I'm not sure I know what a cuke is?

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...