Sunday, June 21, 2009

Stash Report Week #25

What a week!

I worked 30+ hours this week running our Vacation Bible School program. For a mommy who's used to working 15 hours a week (mostly from home) this was a long week. My legs still hurt! But it was a success, I think.

I finished my mini-9-patches that are due in September to Bingo-Bonnie from the HGTV message boards, finished my mending for a week or two, and whittled down the scraps in the scrap drawer from the last several quilts - some are in the noodle bags and some have a plan.

I worked on the wedding dresses. The Screamer's dress needs to be sewn at the waist, zipper, collar, and sleeves finished, but the Assistant's and their cousin's just need the sash and trim added. I don't know if those will happen this week, but I now know what I need to work on next.

This week I am attending four full days of training for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. The girls might be crazy by the time I get home on Friday. I didn't intend for all the long days to be three weeks in a row, but I guess it's better than going into July too much.

After the wedding dresses, I'm going to work on trimming down the Assistant's scraps. She has too many in odd sizes that I can't even teach her to sew using htem, so I'm decided I have a rough plan to help her SLOWLY make a quilt (as in, years slowly).

We visited a new-to-me little quilt shop this week after one of our errands. Most of the fabrics were calicos, so I didn't buy any fabric, but the Assistant found 1 1/4 yards of flannels and remnants. I bought a stencil cutter (do these things actually work?) and some snowflake napkins because I am a sucker for snowflakes!

IN this week: 1 1/4 yards (the Assistant needs her own stash. Seriously.)
IN YTD: 120 1/2 yards

OUT this week: 2 yards
OUT YTD: 103 1/4 yards

YTD Total: 17 1/4 yards IN

I can't seem to get my totals any lower. Maybe I can finish these dresses and get one step closer to the positive territory. I can still may 50 yards out by the end of the year, but the Assistant's shopping habits sure hold me back! Maybe I should count up all her yardage and subtract it next week!

We've had lots of rain, so there will be pletny of weeding to do this week. I may not visit the sewing room at all, but I'll be thinking about it plenty!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

You are sounding very busy. And weeds do come after the rain don't they.... hmmm. I hope you do find some time just for you, to sew a stitch or two. but if not, there is always winter coming, and then you might just find the time!! ;-)

Lori in South Dakota said...

that week sounds REALLY long!!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...