Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Every time I think I'm down...

... God reminds me that there are others worse off.

Today, I took Q in for his 2 month shots. He weighs a whopping 15 pounds! Shots were shots, until he woke up at 1:30 this afternoon. After eating and taking acetaminophen, he began crying and cried for the better part of the next two hours. But I have to share the stories of the rest of my family. I've got nothin' on them.

My sister-in-law was at the house trying to finish her laundry. She lives in a two-bedroom apartment with my brother and their two girls (Midget and Midget II) with no good laundry available to them. She had been doing laundry at my parents' house on Monday, but due to complicated circumstances (beyond her control) she wasn't able to finish. She intended to finish today, but my other brother, who still lives at my parents' house, forgot that she was coming over and didn't tell anyone to leave the door unlocked. So the poor thing showed up at my parents' house and couldn't get her laundry out of the house. So she came over to our house to finish, and of course we then have a screaming baby for her to listen to.

I can do one better. Then my mom called. She was in Colorado to welcome Nuggette home (WELCOME HOME, NUGGETTE), and took my nephew with her as his parents both had major things going on this week and needed sitting help. He would have stayed at my house, but he has Asbergers, and my three children can be a bit much for him. He tries, but the Assistant can be less than orderly and pesters him incessantly. Back to my mom: my nephew threw up. So of course she is feeling horrible, thinking that she may have exposed Nuggette to a virus through my nephew. We hope it's only stress and homesickness, but my sister will be making the drive tomorrow after her conference is over to bring him home. That's about 16 hours of driving.

I thank God all I had was a screaming baby. At least Q likes to sit in the water (that stopped the crying, finally). I love my life.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

p.s. Tomorrow I'll have to tell you about my sewing room.

2 comments:

sewkalico said...

We all have those days. Just when you think it can't get any worse it does, BUT it always gets better again! Always! Keep your chin up, xka

Lori in South Dakota said...

Just normal family life! Sometimes I think, will someone stop the carousel so I can get off???

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...