Sunday, June 20, 2010

Stash Report Week #25

This week, Q and I attended another week of training for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. That means my progress on most projects was virtually nil. I did manage to finish piecing the backing for my braid quilt, and begin piecing a backing for my triangle scraps. Yesterday, while everyone was sleeping, and then when they woke, I finished cutting the Assistant's pinks for her own quilt. Now to piece it!

Still, since I offered to give away my scraps last week, I had a great bust, I estimate at 15 yards mailed away! Isabel agreed to take my scraps, so they should arrive at her door any day. I sent her all my 2.5", 2", 1.5", and 1" scraps, along with some other prints I picked up at the garage sale this spring but never did manage to think of a way I would EVER use them. She can throw out anything she doesn't like...

I also threw out some bits and pieces that I kept saying I would use, offcuts or funny triangles, etc. The pile kept growing, and I wasn't using it, so I estimate a yard out for that.

My mom and sister visited Hutchinson with my nephew before my poor nephew had to have hand surgery (another story for another time). They found a quilt shop and bought me two pieces of fabric. We'll call it 1/2 yard in, although it was 1/4 and 1/3, as I figure I could have sent Isabel more than 15 yards, and we'll just not count that extra 1/6 yard in.

IN this week 1/2 yard
IN YTD: 90 1/4 yards

OUT this week: 16 yards
OUT YTD: 136 yards

YTD Total: 45 3/4 yards OUT!

I'm less than 5 yards away from my goal for the year, but I know I have a bit of muslin I need to purchase eventually. Let's see if I can get a quilt basted this week!

Check out the other stash reports at Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Vicki H. said...

I was just thinking of giving away much of my scraps too. Thanks for the giveaway idea!!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...