Sunday, June 6, 2010

Stash Report Week #23

Hurrah! A finish!

It was a busy week in the room of Zana's Ninis. First, DH's dad and step-mom came with his two brothers to visit for a few days. Then the Screamer started having puss-like crud weeping from her eye (allergies, thank goodness).

Then we went to see a friend ordained to the priesthood, which was very amazing and wonderful. In the process, we made our first longish roadtrip with 3 kids and only had to stop to allow DH to go the bathroom. There are no complaints from me, however, as DH did all the driving.

I had one small piece of border to finish quilting, then the binding, and I made it! This twin-sized quilt is entirely from scraps and stash (even the backing is pieced of several cream or white fabrics). I'm relieved to have it completed, as I need it at the end of June for a gift. I estimate this took 8 1/4 yards.

I also worked on a preemie dress for my niece Nuggette (who might get to come home Monday!), but it's not quite finished. I might try to finish it today so my mom can take it to Colorado when she leaves.

I was tempted to shop, but resisted the urge. Instead, I made a list of projects in the works or that I would like to work on, along with whether or not I have all the materials. I need to finish some of these projects first!

IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 89 3/4 yards

OUT this week 8 1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 119 yards

YTD Total: 29 1/4 yards OUT!

Only 21 yards to go to meet my goal for the year... or more, when I finally go shopping!

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, you've shown such restraint from shopping - good for you! Great idea about making a list of the projects that you'd like to finish . . .

Amy said...

Your stash quilt looks great. Good job!

sewkalico said...

A lovely quilt. Well done on a successful road trip!

KatieQ said...

Your scrap quilt looks great. 8.25 yards is a nice dent in the scrap bin.

Lori in South Dakota said...

I LIKE that quilt!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...