Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August Goals

July, July, July, where I thought I would quilt three quilts.  Ha!

1.  I finished step 7 of Tell it to the Stars.

2.  In the scrappy world, I finished my sampler blocks, Carrie Nation blocks, row for my row quilt, but still have some 9s and 6s blocks to finish.

3.  I wanted to quilt Back to Square One.  I started on it, someone stole my thread (his name is JoJo; he's obsessed with my machine), and stalled out.  I have made a great start, so this will continue after the commissioned quilt is done.

4.  The baby quilt is pieced, quilted, and bound!  Woohoo!

5.  The tree skirt made it to a top stage and I have the backing purchased.  I had hoped to quilt it, but that's okay.

6.  Commissioned quilt.  I had hoped to get this to top stage, but there are hundreds of half-square triangles.  I have 3/4 of the triangles done and many of the stars complete.

August goals:

1. Tell it to the Stars #8

2.  Commissioned quilt done

3.  Tree skirt done

4.  Scraps: sampler blocks, Carrie Nation blocks, maybe a row, catch up on 9s and 6s

5.  Back to Square One after the above goals.

I can do it!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like you made good progress on most of your goals. Good luck with this month's goals.

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...