Friday, August 15, 2014

Finish: a Tree Skirt


Whew!  I wasn't sure I would finish this lovely before the baby was born, but it's done.  I am happy with the quilting and the backing, although I should have ordered another 1/2 yard of the gradient I used on the back so I could have pieced it according to original plan.

This tree skirt is a gift for my lovely younger sister, who is still waiting for an unfinished double wedding ring quilt.  I used mostly scraps and stash for this quilt, although I did order a red or two and a lovely cream with holiday ornaments all over it.


It finished at 48" square, so a little smaller than my own tree skirt, which I found too large.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love how you pieced that gradient for the backing. It's a cool effect. But it's the front that's spectacular. Your sister will love.

Kate said...

The tree skirt turned out beautifully. It's a shame that will end up covered in gifts it's so pretty. Congrats on getting it done.

Alzbeta said...

Oh, Katie! It will most certainly be one of the prettiest things in our living room this Christmas. Thank you for how lovingly you give of your amazing skill... I am so lucky to have you as a sister!

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...