Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Misc.

Today was a productive day!

We started the day with three loads of laundry and a box of peaches to can.  12 quarts later, I'm pretty happy that the rest of the peaches aren't ripe yet, and I'm sure the girls are happy there wasn't more laundry.  By lunch, I was wiped out.

DH offered to take the kids to a movie since it was his last day at bone before meetings start and we had free movie tickets.  I don't really "do" movie theaters, so he offered to take the kids alone.  Unfortunately for them, there was enough time before the move started late enough in the afternoon that I had plenty of time to insist on clean rooms.  Kids and paper of any kind is a terrible combination.  And the clothes.  I don't buy their clothes, since I have a MiL who loves to shop, and it is out of control!  I've got to purge, purge, and purge some more!

Once everyone cleared out, I did chicken chores and headed to the basement for some serious sewing time.  JoJo, as I've mentioned before, is obsessed with my sewing machine.  His eyes light up whenever he thinks "we" are going to sew.  Oh, that boy.  He really wants to help, but if he gets to my machine while I'm out of the room, he sorts all my pieces for me.  Since I'm in the midst of hundreds of half square triangles meeting up with rectangles, squares, and flying geese, this has been stressful.  It's been challenging to hide little pieces from him, and even distractor blocks only work for a short time. He knows the real deal.  So, needless to say, sewing time has been limited and of less than optimal productivity.

This afternoon, alone, I pinned and stitched while listening/watching the BBC Pride and Prejudice.  We don't own a tv, so I watch on a portable DVD player.  Again, JoJo usually mettles, but not today!  I did have to break for missing pieces (found in the duplos.  I wonder who put the, there?), but was able to finish sewing together all the major components for this commissioned quilt.  That means layout and top piecing are next!

Now I'm going to bed.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Alzbeta said...

If you happen to have any extra xs/s for girls... save them for Anni!

Kate said...

Glad you got a bit of a break so you could sew. Do you find it weird to be in the house by yourself? Not that it's a bad weird, just weird?

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...