Saturday, September 13, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Orange

Whew!  I'm so ridiculously grateful it's Saturday.  Before we even get to sewing, let me tell you about our week.  You know something happened to JoJo when it's been "one of those weeks."  We'll start with a large section of maple tree collapsing over our deck. Fortunately, not really on the deck, but over it, means it could wait until my overworked DH had time to cut it Friday night.

Wednesday, minutes before it was time to take Bear Cub to preschool, I heard crying from JoJo.  It started as the "something in my life is wrong but I'm not injured" but quickly accelerated into "I might be dying."  By the time I made it to the top of the stairs, JoJo was 2/3 of the way up with blood streaming down his face and all over the carpet.  What happened?  I still don't know.  (It had nothing to do with my sewing table or implements, however, as they were secure.). I do know we made a frantic call to my mom regarding stitches, dropped Bear Cub at preschool, and spent the morning at our lovely doctor's office, where JoJo had to be rolled in a blanket and pinned down by three nurses in order to stitch below his eyebrow.  That might have been more painful to me than labor. Might. The worst part was knowing he was afraid and not being able to explain to him that we were trying to help him.

We've spent a portion of each day trying to keep him from picking on his stitches, and he needs ibuprofen on a regular basis, but otherwise he seems unphased.  I'll spare you a picture, but know he will be okay.

So... I did sew a bit, including finishing up the last eight blocks I need for my sampler quilt.  Yay!


Be sure to check out other lovely orange projects this Saturday!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

p.s. One month to my due date!


9 comments:

scraphappy said...

Poor JoJo! It is always terrible to see little ones injured. Especially not knowing how it happened! Love the orange blocks though. They are so bright and happy.

Angie said...

Glad you had time for some sewing therapy! I hope the coming week is...boring!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh my I remember a day like that with my son. I agree worse than labor when you can't fix their fear. My dog broke a nail this week and left a pool of blood. The vet pulled it off and I thought I was going to faint. Let's hope we have better weeks ahead! Great job getting your blocks done.

Julie in GA said...

Your orange sampler blocks look great! Looking forward to seeing all the colors together.
I hope JoJo is feeling better and that you have a less eventful week.

Cathy Tomm said...

I feel so bad for JoJo. Hope it all heals well. What a week. I love your sampler blocks. I might have to do the center one for myself.

Sheila said...

Love your orange blocks.
Bless your heart. You have had one of those weeks. I had three boys. Seems like it was always something.

Andee said...

Way to go on all your orange blocks!

Cathy said...

Oh, my...I still feel faint at the sight of blood or boo-boos on my adult children so I know your pain.

Good luck to JoJo! He sounds not only adventurous but brave. And kudos to you too for making it through all the misadventures.

Deb A said...

Yikes - I would have passed out at the doctors office (something about the sight of blood - after the situation is handled I loose it!). So glad JoJo is ok and everything turned out ok. Very scary situation. Glad everyone's on the mend and you got a little relaxing sewing time in.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...