Saturday, September 27, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: This and That

Where, o where did the week go?  Not sewing my scraps, I'd say!

There was plenty of canning, almost the end of it, as we are at 16 days to my due date.  I have a last batch of apple jelly to can, and then the canner is getting put away so I stop.

I hoped to make a flimsy of my sampler quilt, but didn't quite make it.  I did baste my Carrie Nation quilt, so it's ready for the walking foot next week.  The bulk of my sewing time was spent finishing the quilting on my sister's long-delayed double wedding ring quilt.  I even have the binding on, waiting for hand finishing, so it's finally within striking distance!

What were you up to this week?  Be sure to check out the last of the orange inspiration that's part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

All that canning almost done! Good for you. Don't know how you do it that close to due date. You must be exhausted at the end of the day.

scraphappy said...

Best of luck finishing off all the odds and ends before the big day.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Wow canning 16 days before your due date. Good for you! Staying busy hopefully will make that waiting a bit easier. I remember thinking that due date would never come.

Deb A said...

Wow! I was on my feet all day for Thanksgiving with a February due date and that was when the rings came off and the swelling began! I'd say you got a ton done with just the canning. Then basting a quilt and finishing up another - you got a ton done. Sit back with your feet up and relax with some binding stitching.

Cathy said...

I'm impressed.

Kate said...

You got a lot done over the last month, even if there wasn't much done this week. I loved your Back to Square One Quilt and your new Stars quilt. Judy's patterns do make up so nicely.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...