Saturday, August 8, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Random

I ought to have more indigo today, but, alas, it is not so.

My triangles are all sewn up, so six more blocks joined the ranks.
The 16-patches are moving along slowly.  I'll have more in grey and yellow next week.

My glacier-inspired quilt is a top, the backing is pieced, and the batting is cut.  Finding time to baste it has been impossible.  Maybe this week, and I'll quilt it, although the plan there is nonexistent.  Oh, well.

I've also made great progress with my Scraps to Treasures top, but I can't show you that.  It's coming together better than I feared but not as well as I would like.

My scrap boxes are emptying nicely, and I'm already plotting a few quilts for next year.  It's going to be fun!

Be sure to check out the other projects.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Hiya Zana--my indigoes are non-existent almost!! My scrap baskets seem to multiply overnight--they never get smaller;--000
Love those little triangles...hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on making a dent in your scrap baskets. Mine seem to multiply when I turn off the sewing room light! I'm loving your Tiny Triangle Blocks... may even dig into my own off-cuts to give it a try.

Quiltdivajulie said...

No indigo here either. I'm using neutral grays for the background of a new project . . .

Cathy said...

Your triangles inspired me to use my waste triangles on red background for a couple of donation quilts. Thanks!

Kate said...

You made good progress this week, especially if you can see some space in your scrap bins.

gayle said...

Looks like a lot of progress to me. Your cute little triangles are really adding up, aren't they?

Deb A said...

Such great progress you make every week! I am stuck at the need to pin stage on two quilts I would love to finish this month. Maybe you have inspired me to actually pull the batting (backing was prepped this week) and get it pinned so they can get quilted in the next two weeks.

Sheila said...

Looks like steady progress. What sweet little triangles.
I'm working on those scrap boxes this year, too.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...