Monday, November 2, 2015

November Goals

In October, I wanted to...

1. Use brown scraps.  I finished my triangle quilt and made 16 patches and Bits and Bobs blocks.

2.  Make all the blocks for my grandpa's quilt.  I made 12 of the last 48, but was defeated by the 16 pairs of triangles needed for every block.

3.  Cut the Tshirts for my sister's Tshirt quilt. Done.  I won't get to piecing it any time soon, but this is mounds of progress considering that I've had the shirts for over four years and haven't done a lick.

4.  Make progress on my hexi quilt.  It is my oldest (and one of only two) true UFO, so it's time.  It's a top!

5. Make a skirt for a friend.  Done.

6.  Finish my Irish Chain quilt.  I only have the binding to go!  Done.

In November, I'd like to...
1.  Use lime green scraps.  I'll make the last 16-patches, more Bits and Bobs, trim scraps, and cut for a Twinker Star quilt in green and pink,

2.  Finish Grandpa's quilt.  Deadline is arrival in time for my aunt to deliver it on Christmas.

3.  Piece my hexi backing.  Whatever gets done is great; I don't need the whole backing ready.

4.  The Assistant has a quilt in the works.  Maybe we could finish the blocks this month?

5.  Ugh. Mending.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.


2 comments:

Julierose said...

sounds like a do-able list of fun projects for November....hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

Even if you didn't meet all your goals you made a lot of progress. Every little bit is that much closer to a finish (as I tell myself on a routine basis). Good luck with your November goals.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...