Wednesday, November 4, 2015

UFO Update

UFOs October 1: 23
New projects: 3
Finished projects: 5
Trashed projects: 0
UFOs October 31: 21

I'm almost down to my desired 20 projects!  I finished my Irish Chain and triangle quilts as well as the long-delayed placemat (that's directed at you, Millie!).  I also started and finished a skirt and some folding cloths.  The Assistant started a new project, and since I'll be ultimately responsible for seeing it through, I've added it to my list.  Additionally, I finally brought my hexagon project to flimsy stage.  It will be a while before it's done, but it so much closer!

I'm only anticipating two more finishes for the year, the Northwoods quilt and the 16-patch quilt.  Maybe, if she's interested, we'll get the Assistant's done as well, but it would appear that I have my list for next year.  That should keep me under my goal: 10 projects that are either WIPs or UFOs, and 10 projects that I'd like to start but haven't yet.

"Something Done"
1. 16-patch
2. Bits and bobs
3. Tell it to the Stars
4. ABC
5. Hexagon
6. Grandpa Northwoods
7. Alzbe's Tshirt quilt
8. Twinkler Star
9. The Assistant

Not Started Yet
1. Mom's yellow and grey
2. Odd Fellow
3. Applique
4. Scrappy DWR
5. Aegean Sea
6. Orphan blocks
7. Puzzle
8. Stockings
9. Pillow
10. Embroidered pillows
11. Purple and grey
12. Spools

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Mlada said...

Also not started: 2 new placemats. :)

Kate said...

Any drop in the UFO list is a something to be happy about. I'm at 19 now and hoping to be at 17 by the end of the year. Sounds like you've got a system to manage the old, the in progress and the new.

Sharon - IN said...

Good progress! I like how you have your projects listed. I have counted and forgotten the actual number of UFOs in my house, and oh that list of 'not yet started'! I have a rather long wish list - quilts I want to get to one day!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...