Saturday, November 21, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Wee Snippits of Green

Basting and quilting the behemoth of a quilt for my grandpa has consumed most of my sewing time this week, but as I only have four bobbins and three have a snag somewhere, I end up with leftover thread.  I choose to use it as a muscle break and a sanity reliever, so I've stitched up some of the Assistant's blocks and a few Bits and Bobs for myself.  (Yes, that's a 96"x104" fitting through my throat space.  It's all good.)
 I find there aren't many green pieces left, but I'm using what I have!
Be sure to check out the other green bits this Saturday!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

looks great! I'm sure you got that GIANT quilt through your TINY throat space, mostly by sheer determination!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Still loving the "bits and bobs" project . . . GOOD LUCK with that giant quilt!

Marly said...

Keep pushing on (!) with the giant quilt. It will be worth it in the end!

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

That's some wrestling you have going on there with that quilt!

scraphappy said...

Using up the last bits of anything feels so good.

PaulaB quilts said...

Terrific work on such a large quilt! The blocks are looking good. Keep up the good work!

Magpie Sue said...

Someone needs to get you a bigger sewing machine!!!

gayle said...

Wow - pushing that giant quilt through your sewing machine is the definition of perseverance! Good luck!
I love your bits and bobs - I always look forward to seeing them.

Deb A said...

Yikes. That is a lot of rolling and tugging. Your blocks of bits are always so fun to see. Hope all is going well with you and your family.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You are a braver soul than I!!! Something THAT big would be headed out for (what I call) "quilt by check."

Cathy said...

Good for you on using every bit up.
I feel your pain of a big quilt and a little throat. I like big quilts.

Sally Trude said...

Saving your best green for last! Love the bits and bobs and that green makes my mouth pucker.

Kate said...

Wow, that's a lot of quilt to fit through that that throat! I can see why you'd be a bit sore. Hope you get it all finished up soon.

Sheila said...

Cute little blocks. Feels good to use up all those little bits of color.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...