Friday, April 8, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Oddly Intriguing

Slowly but surely, I'm moving along with my odd fellow blocks.  I now have 29 completed with another 6 in various parts and pieces.  My biggest stumbling blocks are the ridiculous number of triangles and the trouble of lumpy seams as I sew the quadrants together.  I'll get better at both!
I think I'll thrown in one block of a different color, but you'll have to wait until it's done to know what color I chose.  The orange has definitely become more dominant as I've sewed up the strips I have, so clearly I'll need to cut more brown next.

Altogether, I need 88 blocks.  My plan/hope is to have 51 blocks done by the end of the month.  So far, I'm doing well with that goal.

Be sure to check out all the other orange (with brown or black accents) projects this week!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

19 comments:

Peggyinno said...

I love fall colors over any other combo of colors, and in my book, this quilt will be a winner! Love seeing the pics as you make progress on this beauty!

Alison V. said...

Wow! Those are a lot of orange blocks! I can't wait to see what color you'll add in!

Deb A said...

That quilt is looking awesome! Glad you are getting sewing time in around the kids.

gayle said...

That quilt will be spectacular! I love it!
And oh boy, a secret color addition! Can't wait!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful blocks -- really really pretty!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Wow! That is a lovely quilt! I can't wait to see it completed.

Sue Noetzel said...

This will be a great quilt. Can't wait to see the finished product.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is turning out to be a FABULOUS quilt!!! Can't wait to see what odd block you will be adding. I'm not sure that I'd be brave enough to add a real zinger!

LA Paylor said...

wow seeing them together is jaw dropping

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I was thinking the same thing as LeeAnna! Wow! And when I zoomed in on your blocks, I just couldn't believe how intricate they are. That will be a gorgeous quilt!

Angie said...

The Odd Fellows are looking pretty awesome!

Cathy said...

I love the color combination. And you sure can't tell from here that you had any stumbling blocks!

Ivani said...

oh my, this is awesome!

Laura said...

Look at all those little pieces! It will be a great quilt!

Mari said...

I love these!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a super project - and what a lot of seams!

Vicki W said...

I like this a lot!

Sheila said...

Wow! So far, it's awesome. So many small pieces. I can imagine the challenge of all those seams.

Kate said...

It's going to be a gorgeous quilt! Love all the different shades of orange and brown in the blocks. The blocks have a nice shimmer effect. Good luck with your goal this month.

Stash Report Week #25 and 15 Minutes

 I bought fabric from Vicki since she’s closing down her dyeing business.  Since I waited this week to open it, I haven’t counted yet.  It’s...