Saturday, February 10, 2018

Here, There, Everywhere

Ah, life.  Such a distraction (kidding, kidding) from my sewing time!  Thursday was full of appointments, so I didn't sew a stitch.

Fortunately, I hustled through chores on Friday and sewed... and sewed... and sewed.  There are still plenty more churn dashes to come, but I'm pleased with the start.
 My biggest sewing accomplishment was to finish all the hourglass blocks for my Ohio Star blocks.  Now comes four-patches, and then a full layout.  I love how fast it can go together now!
Be sure to visit the purple scrap projects this weekend!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

13 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty churn dashes, Katie! Life does seem to get in the way of our sewing time, doesn't it?!

The Joyful Quilter said...

WOW!! You've got some really beautiful PURPLE scraps in your RSC blocks!! You are really churning out the block parts for your Ohio Stars. Happy assembling!

Edith said...

I say Wow as well, I amazed at the number of churn dashes you made, and then hour glasses to boot. Wow.

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Lots of beautiful purples in those churn dashes! :)

Ivani said...

WOW beautiful purples in those blocks.
Good you have all the ohio star parts ready to go.

Adventurous Quilter said...

The purple churn dash is fabulous 😍

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great Churn Dash purple blocks!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I am crushing on those churn dashes!!!

Julie in GA said...

I love your Churn Dash blocks! Also looking forward to seeing the Ohio Stars.

PaulaB quilts said...

A really fine group of churn dash purples.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great job getting sew many churn dash blocks done.

scraphappy said...

What a great array of purples. Wonderful progress.

Kate said...

You've got some fun purple churn dashes up on the design wall. Looking forward to seeing your red and white Ohio stars come together. Red and white is such a dramatic and crisp palette. Hope you get in lots of stitching time this week.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...