Saturday, February 3, 2018

Pleasingly Purple

It’s Saturday!  Somehow this week, it escaped me that Saturday follows Friday.  I had a week with more than it’s share of difficult things: phone calls, appointments, illness, all those adult things.

I enjoyed slipping away from obligations for a while each day with my fabric.  The dragon is as done as he’s going to be for a few weeks, as he’s not the UFO for the month of February!  Instead, I have an Ohio star quilt in reds and whites.  This week, I subcut all the strips into triangles, and I’m ready to go.

I also sorted and cut (and cut, and cut) my purple scraps.  There are 2.5” strips for hexagons from hand dyes, churn dashes from the startlingly extensive 2” strips, and a purple plethora of 1.5 strips and scraps cut up for 16-patches and Stained Glass Stars.  The blocks this month are shaping up nicely.
Be sure to check out all the glorious violet fabric this weekend!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

Chantal said...

Wow! That dragon is just gorgeous! Great progress. ;^)

Marly said...

I love your dragon. I was just wondering how many non-scrappy quilts you make in a year to have so many scraps to choose from. I guess your red and white project is not using scraps, but rather creating them. So the patchwork continues!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like you are wonderfully organized and ready to go! The dragon is just amazing!

Ellen said...

Looks like you are all set for February scrap challenge. Your dragon is amazing!!

Ivani said...

Great dragon.
All your purples are ready for great fun during February

Cathy said...

That dragon is so darned cute.
I hate the cutting part so I cut a little, sew a little, cut a little...looks like you will be ready to sew like the wind with all your cutting completed.

scraphappy said...

What a great variety of projects. Too bad the dragon isn't going to get attention, but I'm sure he will wait patiently for his turn on the list.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Did I just count FIVE projects for sewing along with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge?!?! No matter. Just have fun with those scraps!!

Kate said...

Love, love, love the dragon! He turned out really well. Congrats on making progress on cutting scraps. Hope this next week isn't so busy. Are you getting any of the snow that's falling in Kansas City?

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...