Monday, February 5, 2018

UFO Challenge

January’s “UFO” was a pack of charm squares.  I paired them with a lovely tan and made what I call Stretched 4-Patches.  The backing is a solid brown, just wide enough for quilting without piecing a backing.  I quilted a wiggly line diagonally across each rectangle.  Hurray for a baby quilt finish!


Judy announced that #1 is our project for February.  For me, that’s a red and white Ohio Star quilt.  I cut the squares and strips in November and September, cut the triangles for the star point last week, and I'm madly sewing the hourglass blocks this week.  Here's hoping I can finish it this month!

2 comments:

Julierose said...

Such a lovely quilt--I like that idea for using charm packs--(I may have to "steal" it lol) I want to make some "doll" quilts for a change...this would be perfect...
hugs, Julierose

Lynette said...

I really like the stretched 4-patch look. Did you just cut the charms in half to do that? Great quilting for it, too.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...