Saturday, March 3, 2018

Apple, Acid, and Lime

How are your green scraps stacking up?  At first gander, I didn’t pull much from my scrap boxes, but since I’m also cutting into my beloved and hoarded hand dyed fabrics, the piles are growing.  Green definitely needs two months in my books, as there are so many hues and shades for me to tackle.

Looking into the month ahead, I’m a little nervous that the scraps won’t get sewn up by month’s end. Next week is full of appointments, and two weeks later is spring break.  I also have two quilts to finish as well as clothing for the Assistant, who is in need of skirts and shorts.  First up is the Tshirt quilt, and then I’ll do the Stained Glass Stars, I think.  We’ll see how this weekend goes since we have even more non-stitching craziness to manage: selling a car, buying a truck, dismantling a decrepit shed and purchasing a new (and larger) shed.

Whew!  I need to go bury my head in some fabric.  (Ooh, and I did find a new project, which will be my reward if I survive the next two weeks!)

(Be sure to see what green goodness there is to see this weekend.)

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

Ivani said...

Beautiful hand dyed greens to play with Kathie.

scraphappy said...

Spring sounds like it will be busy, but hopefully there will still be some time to dig into some fabulous hand dyes.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hope you get some scrap therapy time this week, Katie!

Kate said...

You've got some very bright and luminous greens to play with this month. March is going to be crazy for many it seems. Hope you do find a few minutes here and there to play in your sewing space.

Marly said...

The greens in your basket are beautiful; I wouldn't want to cut into them either! But that's what they're for, right? I hope you find some precious sewing moments this week.

Kathy S. said...

Can't wait to see what you do with those beautiful greens!

The Joyful Quilter said...

No matter how busy you are, it seems that you always find time for some stitching! Looking forward to seeing what you do in stolen moments during the coming weeks. Best of luck with ticking items off your To Do list!!

Cathy Tomm said...

Hope you find some time for your green scraps. Yes green is a big colour 2 months for sure.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your blog title is the BEST!! ha ha!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...