Saturday, March 10, 2018

Viridescent Views

Remnants and shreds of time filled in the few blanks of time in a week chaotic and car-intensive.  I had fond fantasies of finishing my six Stained Glass Star blocks, but, alas, I completed only one as well as parts for four more.  I must confess I am not enjoying the assembly of these blocks very much, although I do love the appearance of the final product, so I'm tackling them first.

To inspire myself to keep on, I'm going to post all the blocks on my wall.  I'm not holding my breath for a few more sewing minutes next week, but as the calendar is not booked up with appointments, I have a decent chance of it.
JoJo's been busy with his trains behind me.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S.  Check out the luscious greens this weekend!

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nothing like good old Thomas the Tank Engine to occupy a preschooler's time!! I wish you enjoyed making those Stained Glass Stars more than you do. They are simply gorgeous!

Mari said...

Still loving the stars! And thank goodness for Thomas!

scraphappy said...

Looking at the beautiful finished blocks should help motivate you to finish more. Great progress.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your stained glass stars look pretty labor intensive, so I can see why they might not be your favorite blocks to make. Glad you are pushing on anyway, because they are beautiful!

PaulaB quilts said...

Those Stars are definitely worth the effort. Wonderful glowing effect.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Love your stars, they look really great!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...