Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Goodies


I hope you all had a merry and blessed Christmas. My family had a wonderful Christmas day - and it's not over until January 6 for Epiphany (and my birthday).

Here you can see the end of my stash-busting efforts for 2008. I'm toast.

These are some lovely fabrics purchased for 50% off at Granny's Attic. Great service, speedy delivery - and 50% off! I bought them, thinking they were supposed to be my birthday gift, and I would have all of 2009 to make up for it, but DH changed up the gift-giving plans...

So here's 38 1/2 yards of fabric, including yardage of the blenders, 1/2 yard cuts of hand-dyed goodies, and 3 star fabrics for my dear sister and for my hexagon project. DH kept one piece of hand-dyed for a later date - and I don't even know what it looks like!

Good thing my parents gave me Judy Hopkin's book 501 Rotary-Cut Quilt Blocks. 501 blocks might make a dent in these fabrics.

I did manage to sew a skirt for my sister and finish a small lap quilt for my dad. (I'm sorry the picture is so dark. When I had the flash on, it was too washed out.) It's made with a Coca-Cola fabric I've had since I was in college, and I've always saved it for "something for my dad." Well, I finally made it! You can see Screamer sitting next to the quilt.

2 comments:

Randi said...

Looks like several of us had to have a last hoorah for the year! LOL!

Christopher Lewis said...

What a cool looking piece.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...