Friday, December 12, 2008

It's Not My Fault

About the 17 yards of fabric... I still maintain it's not my fault. It happened like this: we had to repair our garage door, and it cost significantly less than we were afraid it would, so DH said if we had any money left after buying a new camera, we could go to JoAnn's.

I selected a cutting board (50% off) and sew rotary blades (also 50% off). Then I bought some Kona bleached and unbleached muslin on sale. That would be 10 yards. Then DH looked at the remnants, as they were also 50% off, and picked 3/4 yard upholstery, 3/4 yard polyester (I obviously haven't educated him well enough), and 1/4 cotton sateen. Then I bought 4 yards of a red-striped canvas (with my 50% off coupon) to make grocery bags. Then the assistant and DH picked out a fat quarter bundle of metallic circles - they wanted PINK and I put my foot down. 1 1/4 yard. And a sewing basket that I'm supposed to pretend I don't know about.

Then we got home and I realized the sewing basket (that I don't really know exists) was supposed to be 40% off but didn't ring up that way. That would be $17 I could spend on other stuff! So on Wednesday we went back and...

bought a package of batting (I can't afford a roll), 2 fat-quarters of star/snowflake in yellow (for the quilt I will get started some day), and... another fat quarter bundle of pink and purple chosen by the assistant. I said okay because 2 of the fabrics are stars. I need them for the quilt... 1 3/4 more yards.

At least I have still used more than I (or DH!) bought... and it's not my fault. Besides, when the assistant smuggles half of it away in a box like this, I can't be responsible for it. She may need a few boxes for her stash so I don't count it in mine. (VBG)

No comments:

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...