Sunday, June 12, 2011

Stash Report Week #24

A finish!  My monochromatic project for the month is complete, for another 2 yards out.  I'm at 53 yards out for the year... I had to use  two different creams, which you can tell in this picture, as I had enough of neither to do the whole runner, and I really wanted it to be these colors (and I am NOT buying anything for the table runners.  I've bought enough for the year). (It will be for my mom... hi, Mom!)  I quilted this from the back, and surprisingly enough, I can only see a few spots where the tension was not great.  I am still learning to machine quilt (I love hand quilting, but time is only becoming more limited in my life!), and I think I take my "swoops" too fast.



Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

From the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Kathie said...

I love this pattern, very pretty.

Vicky said...

That's beautiful! I love that pattern! Good going on the quilting!

Jennifer said...

Great job on the stash busting and the runner - it is great!

Amy said...

Your table runner turned out lovely.

Amy said...

The two creams blend nicely together and are used in fitting locations. Great finish and excellent quilting ;0)

Cheryl Willis said...

very nice, i would have used the two creams too. love a good mix and match! cw

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...