Saturday, June 18, 2011

Stash Report Week #25

Somebody help me remember, what's a sewing machine?  Have I ever used one?  How does it work?

What a week...

On Tuesday, I attended my first quilt guild meeting.  Eh.  Meh.  Too big for little old me.  Anyone have any suggestions of OTHER ways to meet quilters in real life?

On Friday, my sister and I spent some quality time photographing hats, table runners, and my ABC quilt.  I love my younger sister.

Friday evening, we went blueberry picking with friends and my older sister.  It was HOT, but other than sweating profusely, I loved it.  My sister and I got to talk about lots of things, including the fact that we haven't turned on our AC yet.  We may not turn it on at all.


We've spent weeks trying to get a painter to come paint Bear Cub Q's room to help with lead exposure.  He was supposed to come Saturday at 9, so I got up early to clear out his room and the girls' room (the trim needed to be painted).  At 9:10, the painter's WIFE calls to tell us he has to help out his mom with her broken down car.  Then, later, DH calls him, and he says he MIGHT be able to get to us Wednesday, but he doesn't know.  What didn't he just say "NO" weeks ago, so we could have had someone in and out in that time.  I want to throw all of my kids' toys away so I don't have to move them AGAIN when the next painter finally shows up.

Then, while my DH was painting the quarter round outside and I was forwarding him a link to a local painter that does lead renovations, the Screamer used a pair of scissors to give herself a thorough, unredeemable mullet.  (No offense meant, if you have a mullet.  That just doesn't fly in our neighborhood, or in my family.  Especially not for a 3-year-old girl who had lovely hair.)  Then she attacked her brother, who brought me upstairs with his frightened, crying protests.  Three buzz jobs later (DH decided he should cut his hair too, since we had the supplies out), I am sad.  My baby boy doesn't have the hair for me to run my fingers through while I am nursing him.  Now, the funny thing about this is that the Screamer's very expressive face is much more noticeable since there's no hair covering it to distract you.  Her last haircut was easier to edit (look here for a snapshot).






I'm doing a giveaway of a crocheted hat if I get 100 people to like my page on Facebook.  If you're interested, check this link out: Giveaway or go straight to facebook.

Check out other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Connie said...

For the quilt guild dilemma, check to see if they have smaller "bees" - groups of just a few people who get together to actually sew. Most of the larger guilds I know of have these smaller groups.

Amy said...

I think that is the way a lot of the construction folks operate. Which I know is quite frustrating as the customer.

Kathie said...

Quilt guilds are always a little uncomfortable the first few months as you get to meet people. Stick in there. You will find a few people that you always tend to sit with and get to know etc. My night time guild I know most people by name but only really visit with maybe a dozen of them.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Katie - You might ask the guild president - or some other member - if any of the members are left-handed like you. If there are - they will surely welcome you into their group. Lefties tend to stick together and find each other - because they have trouble with right-handed directions. Just a thought. ^..^

Angie in SoCal said...

I second all the guild suggestions given to you, especially if they have a friendship group where only a few like minded members get together.

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...