Sunday, June 5, 2011

Stash Report Week #23

I had a finish this week.  Here are the pictures to my UFO project.

Would anyone be interested in sending me snowflake or star fabrics?  All I need is a 5" square.  I will trade, or reimburse you for postage... I have been buying fabrics for years, but I still need lots... lots... and lots... so I have requested on the HGTV boards that anyone who is interested help me out, but I know I could have 100s more come and still not have enough.  My UFO for this month is my charm hexagon star and snowflake quilt.  Scroll down on this post to number 8 to see how far I am.  This week I have been cutting my yogurt and sour cream lids down into reusable hexagon shapes.  I'm finished cutting 5" squares from my fabrics and have been sorting them into sets of 13 for the shapes.  I am not planning to finish the quilt this month, I just want to make progress, so take care of all the accumulated lids, sort out what can be pieced together... make progress.

So... 5 yards out, and since my notebook isn't up here with me, I'm not sure where my totals stand.  I know there's 100+ more yards in than out, and that's all I need to know!

Oh, one more thing... if you've ever done a craft fair, do you have any advice for someone interested in starting to sell items at one?

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

ETA: I fixed the incorrect link.  Sorry!

5 comments:

Kathie said...

I do craft fairs every fall. Biggest tips are to only buy supplies on sale. check out other crafters to see display ideas. Make things you can make quickly or make 2 or 3 at a time assembly style to save time.

I make baby and kids quilts but use only easy patterns like 4 patch, D9P, snowballs etc. I make table runners and pick 4 or 5 styles to make and then makes lots of color options of those. I also like to add one or two new styles of runners a year so returning customers will be tempted.

Karen said...

I will send you some stars and snowflakes. Email me your address.

Barb in Mi said...

Would love to send you some charms with stars/ snow flakes. Please email address. Couldn't find your project though - could you check the link?

Melanie said...

I would love to send you some snowflake and star charms. Email me your address and I'll send them out.

Your project looks great!

Team Thompson said...

My mom does lots of craft fairs and can probably give you great advice and can help you starting out. Give her a call or email me if you'd like her phone number!

PS - are you still for hire making t shirt quilts?

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...