Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Judy's UFO Challenge

To see what other people are doing, click on the UFO challenge button on the left.  Strictly speaking, I don't have many UFOs, but I'm going to work on long term projects and unstarted projects!  I'm hoping to do some serious stashbusting by working on these projects (all from stash!)

1. Charm pack from Connecting Threads.  It was a freebie from something, and I think it's the Root of the Madder line (something like that).  As it's not my ordinary fabric choices, and there's not much of it, I've struggled to find an appropriate project.  I want this gone!

2 & 3. Favorite Things and Pink Boxes.  I don't know when these will be chosen, so the goal will vary.  It may be "hand quilt two rows" or, Favorite Things shows up early, it will be "finish border and baste."
 4. My baggy of 1" squares that have been sewn together, is sorted, but what am I going to do with it?  I need to use up or get rid of these in 2011.

5. This is a long term project: a scrappy/charm double wedding ring quilt.  My goal will be to make sure I have templates made, and cut these scraps into their pieces, so I can use the rest for other projects.  I might also go through my stash and cut a piece from each.
 6. Placemats for the atrium.
 7. 19 placemats for my family.  It won't be finish them, but cut the backing so my sister can embroider names on them, then make the tops and lots and lots of binding (and cut batting too, while I'm at it).  Basically, I need to make significant progress, and then return the extra fabric to my stash!
 8.  Snowflake hexagons.  I'm making a charm quilt out of snowflake and star fabrics.  This is a long term project, again, so the goal will be to clean up all the pieces I have ready - cut the yogurt lids into the hexagon templates, baste the fabric I have, and assemble what I can.  I still new 100s of stars and snowflakes, but I will use what I have!
 9. ABC applique quilts.  I need to make plastic templates of each of the letters (my paper templates are a bit worn), and cut out as many complete sets of letters as I can, so I know what fabrics to put on my "when I'm out and have nothing better to buy" list.  I'll have everything ready to make a few quilts when I need them!
 10. Slippers.  I have all the materials, but don't know if I even like the pattern.  I really should try a few pairs.
11.  Pillowcase for DH's Memaw.  This isn't a UFO, but I won't do it if it's not on a list.  It requires some serious fabric hunting.

12. Runners.  I need to make 14 table runners for Christmas next year.  Some I will be making through Judy's monochromatic quilt challenge.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Kathie said...

love those two bright colored quilts, will be great to see some of your finishes.

Angie in SoCal said...

Lot of nice fabric there, lot of work too. Visit the Moda bakeshop - they have a lot of patterns for charm packs. Or try the Missouri Star Quilt company - they even have tutorials. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Chris said...

Oh Man,
Your UFOs look eerily like mine - not project-wise but state of completion. I have so many little things to get done or get out (like your 1" squares). Good job getting them listed. I'll get my list up in a day or two. I just took the photos tonight.
www.weekendwisdom.blogspot.com

Dionne said...

What a fun list! I just joined this challenge and am looking forward to watching your progress!
Cheers,
Dionne

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...