Saturday, December 11, 2010

Stash Report Week #50

I went shopping this week, buying two yards of red and a yard of blue snowflake.  The reds were on the clearance rack, so I only paid $4 or $5 a yard for them.  I'm currently ticked at JoAnn's, so I'm going to see how much shopping I can do affordably through quilt shops.  (I'm always frustrated when you try to buy something on sale, only to have it out of stock... as well as any and all alternatives.  And it's not like I was shopping on the last day of the sale, either.)

IN this week: 3 yards
IN YTD: 156 3/4 yards

OUT this week: 0 yards
OUT YTD: 179 yards

YTD Total: 22 1/2 yards out

While it would be exciting to find a way to get back to my goal of 50 yards out by year's end, nothin' doin'.   At least I was there at one point this year, and I have definitely used more than I bought.  My stash is not large, so I think I'm doing okay.

The blocks are done for my Favorite Things quilt (a la Judy's Peaches'n'Cream quilt pattern), and I have begun to add borders.  Normally, I am NOT a border girl, but I am dutifully going to add all the borders Judy calls for.  I want this quilt to be BIG ENOUGH!

The pink quilt blocks are done and stacked up for sewing into a quilt top.  They will not have borders, as the whole point of this quilt top was to use finicky sliced up strips of the Assistant's pink stash.  Mission accomplished (at least until she cuts into something else!).

We went to an auction today, and therefore have depleted our savings to buy a tractor.  Gulp.  I don't like having little-to-no savings beyond the emergency fund!

I almost have an apron for church complete, but not yet.

I am percolating goals for next year.

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Kathie said...

I won't make my 100 yard goal either but have done pretty good and my stash doesn't have as much old old stuff in it anymore.

Julie said...

I think you've done great this year. It's not all about making the goal - it's what you have accomplished - and I think you've accomplished a lot! Congratulations!!!

Kate said...

I'm way off my goal, but as Julie says it's not all about making the goal, but what you accomplished. Congratulations on being on the rigt side of zero in terms of busting stash!

Penny said...

You are in the black and that is a good thing. Celebrate that!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...