Sunday, December 26, 2010

Goals for 2011

1. Have a media and internet free day one day a week.  While this is not exactly a quilty goal, it will help me spend more time with my kids and have quilting time.  The internet free day worked fairly well in 2010.  And maybe, it will help me be more focused when I'm on the internet - then I could have time to write more insightful blog posts, or take time to develop my stash reports for Sundays... living simply and living deliberately.

2. One car-free day a week.  Sometimes this will just mean not running errands, sometimes it will be walking where we need to go.  It seemed to help us with cooking and baking at home this year - if I will be at home all day, I will start something rising, or chill some cookie dough (or learn how to make bone meal!).  Again, living simply and deliberately.

3. Make one charity quilt.

4. Finish my UFO list.  "Finish" of course, is flexible according to the project, but ultimately, this should help me bust a significant amount of stash.

5. Go no-buy as long as possible (in January, I will shop with a 25% off coupon, in October, I'll go on the shop hop, and if my husband says I have to buy something to make a gift, I will buy).

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Tamera said...

Sounds like you have made some great goals!

Alzbeta said...

We do a lot of car free days - well, Anni and I do, but I think the internet and media free day would be awesome for me. Thanks for the great idea!

Lori said...

Love those goals--especially #5! Hmm--maybe I can buy in your name--I have a coupon for tomorrow! Pictures of the kids---better than any quilting project.

Puttering around the house. No kids here, so I often have food and laundry going as I sew. If you get ANYTHING done other than life with 3 kids, you're way ahead of me!

Advice--buy the bone meal!! Make bread, soup, cookies.

Happy New Year!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...