Saturday, August 16, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Light and Bright Green

Not quite a flimsy yet, I need an orange row between the yellow and red to finish out.  As it is, I finished a "light and bright" green row and I think it looks lovely.  I had intended to add a brown, but will now forgo it since I did the bright green.


I am still slightly obsessed with this Carrie Nation blocks and intend to complete at least one more quilt with these blocks, in a controlled color palette of blues and yellows.  And then maybe others...  Maybe.

Right now, I've come to the realization that since my oldest has two instead of one homeroom teachers this year, I need another quilt.  Ai yi yi!

Be sure to check out the light and bright projects found as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

14 comments:

Kerri K said...

Love this one Katie!

Kate said...

Love the rainbow effect you've achieved. The orange will really make it sing.

DT and I agreed that I'd only make quilts for the high school teachers she has for all 4 years. That looks to be her volleyball coaches (there are 3) and her Journalism teacher. I have 3 years, with my snails pace I need to start now!

Nell's Quilts said...

Your quilt top just shimmers, it's so lovely. I wish your child had been in one of my classes. I hope the teachers realize just how lucky they are to be gifted a quilt. Your are very generous.

Vicki W said...

That quilt is going to be awesome!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow!! It is really coming together so nice!!!

Alzbeta said...

This is one of my favorites!

Lilian Pilar said...

que bonito, felicitaciones!!!

Julie in GA said...

I love the way you arranged your blocks. They look so pretty together!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely colour layout, look forward to seeing the completed flimsy!

Cathy said...

Oh, gosh, that is gorgeous! I can see why you might make another one. I really like your block layout. Your quilt is so inspiring I might have to give that block a try.

Sarah said...

Lovely colours, and great pattern. I can see why you might make another!

scraphappy said...

Love your colors. If you promise not to tell, I'll give you a hint about next month's colors so that you can get your quilt finished up.

Sheila said...

I love this one. It looks like a rainbow.

Living the Lewis Lifestyle said...

Lorelai says this is "really beautiful." ...and she's right! ;)

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...