Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Finished Quilt: ABC Baby Quilt

Woohoo!  For all the fiddly bits to this quilt, it came together splendidly this time around.  I had already cut the background squares and sashing strips, the letters were rough cut, and the tiny squares came from my scrap bins, so it was practically ready to sew when I began!

I glue basted my appliqué letters this time, which was much speedier (and kinder to my fingers) than trying to iron back the seam allowance.  I opted for a simple meander and backed this with two greens from my stash.  It finishes at roughly 41"x 49".

I may have four or five of these still in my future, as I collected fat quarters of different letter-appropriate fabric over the years and have a few sets of letters cut.  Next, I think, a dark background, and I cut the background, sashing, and cornerstones of one in teal!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's so cute!

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish! It turned out beautifully!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...