Saturday, March 19, 2016

Amethyst and Iron: a Flimsy!

Woohoo!  Even if my piano key border has a touch of the wobbles at the top, I love this flimsy!  I'm trying not to think about quilting at this time, as I have a million and one things to do, but I really love how this top has turned out.

The border ate up most of my remaining short strips, so I'm down to only a few WOF purple 1.5" strips, and no grey.  We won't look at any other sizes, okay?  I didn't do well with the grey coping strips, as I think my top was a bit smaller than the original, and so I forced too much border on.  Lesson learned.
I'm brief today as we are on our way home from a trip to Colorado.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

16 comments:

Deb A said...

Beautiful job. Love those colors together. Safe travels.

Ivani said...

It is beautiful! Happy Quilting Day!

Alison V. said...

This is gorgeous! It will be awesome when it is finished.

Cathy said...

I love how this quilt turned out! Such great colors. Yay you! Have a safe journey home!

Marly said...

What a lovely pattern design. I'm looking for a layout for my little 9-patches; this might just be it!

Peggyinno said...

Wonderful top! I love these blocks. Have a safe journey home!

Angie said...

Your top looks amazing! Lots of nice space for fun quilting designs, too!

Nell's Quilts said...

What a beauty! So soft and tranquil. Safe travels.

Jennifer said...

I love this quilt- it's perfect! no changes needed, and no regrets about the border!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on getting your quilt top done. Safe travels home from Colorado!

Cathy said...

I love the flimsy too!

scraphappy said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the border -- doesn't look wobbly to me.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a beautiful quilt! Hopefully all of the border issues will work themselves out. Hope you had a safe trip home from Colorado! I live im Colorado, so I know you were dealing with some snow!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's gorgeous! I love it!

gayle said...

That's absolutely gorgeous!

Sally Trude said...

Simply awesome. And luckily quilting is very good at taking out wobbles.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...