Saturday, July 29, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge:

It's been a good week.  The traveling half of the family arrived successfully, and those of us at home have enjoyed the quilt. Unfortunately, two of the kids ran fevers and JoJo decided to wake up at 1:30 am on Friday morning.  We're doing well, and I'm enjoying my new fabric goodies (come back tomorrow to see the carnage).

First, the finish...

I finished the binding on Sunday.  I had quilted it in loops, and the texture after it was washed is delicious.  I'm very happy with the results, even if some of the pieces have pleats (I am still improving my cutting, okay?).  It's going to be a great gift to add to my stash.  At 57", I think I'll either give it to a child or baby, but we'll see where it's needed.

Next, the layout.  It took a few days, but I have all my Bits and Bobs laid out.  Would you believe it that when I was done, I was short one block?  I counted so carefully, and still I was one short.  It didn't take long to cut out and piece the last one.  I'll be stacking and pinning before the rest of the family comes home.

Finally, the new quilt.  I originally pondered making rail fence blocks for my leader ender project, but instead, I maniacally sewed up the blocks for a whole quilt this week.  I need a quilt for a donation by midAugust, so I suspect this will be it.  The blocks will get sewn up in my free time this weekend, so who knows how far this will go?

Be sure to check out all the blue blocks this week!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

14 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I admire people who make the little blocks for Bits & Bobs or the OMG quilt. Those are tiny blocks. The rail fence is so pretty, love the color. Hope you can get the blocks sewn together before everyone returns home.

Julie in GA said...

Wow, you got a lot done this week! I love your blue and yellow stars quilt, and the rail fence blocks will make a great donation quilt. Best of all is the Bits and Bobs--that is going to be amazing!! I am impressed that you were only one block short. Can't wait to see this one togehter!

Nell's Quilts said...

The blue and yellow quilt is a stunner. Split rail is one of those addicting blocks - they come together so nicely and look so good when set. I'd have had a hard time making this a leader ender too. Bits and Bobs so close to becoming a quilt top. Looking lovely.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your photo of Bits and Bobs just made me say, "Wow!" Amazing, all those blocks and beautiful color!

Mari said...

I love the stars quilt! It's so pretty. Whoever gets it will be very lucky. I like both of the others too. That's a lot of productivity for one week!

The Joyful Quilter said...

BLUE in each of those projects and each one wonderful in its own right!! A finish, a milestone, and a fresh start. Sorry to hear the littles had fevers and JoJo woke up in the middle of the night! Besides that, though, you had a fabulously productive week. Nice work!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness... how wonderful to see all your blocks laid out!
Fabulous! Totally inspiring me!

Cathy said...

Oh, my goodness! Lots of wonderful things happening here. I especially like Bits and Bobs.

Pamela Arbour said...

You have really been busy. Love everything. If anyone says anything about a pleat in the piecing, just send the quilt to me. My family doesn't care if it was hand made with love! I suspect that your family feels the same way.

gayle said...

All I can say is WOW! Your stars quilt is wonderful - I love the star clusters. And Bits and Bobs is absolutely stunning!
And I can certainly see why you had to zip right through that rail fence - too lovely to resist!

Kate said...

The stars quilt turned out beautifully! Congrats on the finish. You've been really productive. Love your Bits and Bobs blocks, that's going to be such a gorgeous quilt. Happy stitching this weekend.

canuckquilter said...

So many blocks turning into such pretty quilts!

Angie said...

The star quilt looks wonderful - very sparkly! Bits and Bobs is going to be amazing when all stitched together!

Jennifer said...

your quilts ALL look FANTASTIC! congrats on getting so much done!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...