Saturday, July 8, 2017

Prussian Blue and Ultramarine

Last week's project (the green letters)
It's been a busy week.  Today, DH is at the local farmer's market.  I spent a long time yesterday preparing, finding all the bits and pieces, and harvesting food.  Now this morning, I'll be weeding, plotting (orders for the fall and next year), and, hopefully, sewing.

I quilted my Remixed Geese quilt (pattern on the Robert Kaufman website), bound it, and even washed it!  I quilted in the parable of the mustard seed as most of the quilting since this quilt will be going to a woman who will appreciate the flying geese representing the birds of the air in the parable.  I find the quilt a little narrow, but it's washed nicely.

 This little man has gone from army crawling to pulling himself up on anything in sight and "properly" crawling.  He's also insatiable in his grabbing anything remotely interesting to anyone else.  It makes it challenging to read, eat, or keep track of anything.  It's all good, as it's a stage and, like any other, it too shall pass, and he is such a funny monkey.
My five Garden Party blocks are (oddly enough, given the quantity of blue scraps I have) lacking in blue.  This is because my connector blocks are blue, so I didn't cut much blue for the other blocks.  Oh, well.

My other project this week has been my orphan blocks.  I made a Navy Baby triangle quilt last year, and the leftover triangles have lingered.  Then came my miscutting of an entire set of tri recs triangles for En Provence.  Fortunately, both sets of bits are compatible, so I've been piecing here and there.  I have a few ideas for the layout, but I think I need more sets completed before I can decide.  Off to sew.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,

15 comments:

Julie in GA said...

I love your Remixed Geese quilt, your design wall shows wonderful possibilities, and that little guy is the cutest ever!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Geese quilt looks wonderful! And the blue and yellow blocks on your design wall are gorgeous! That will be fun to put together. What adorable photos of your little guy - he looks very happy!

Ariane said...

Your finished quilt is beautiful!!! Your blocks are looking great too.

Mari said...

I think the blue and yellow that's on your design wall is already an amazing quilt! Your adorable little boy looks like quite a happy guy, too.

Kate said...

Remixed Geese turned out beautifully! You've gotten lots of stitching done. Considering you've got that little cutie crawling around already, that's quite a feat!

gayle said...

I love all those tri-recs stars! (I've got leftovers from En Provence when I cut too many bits - one of these days I'll do like you've done here.)
Your flying geese are beautiful, too! (And a good use for the rest of my EP leftover bits...)
Love the pictures of your happy little guy!

Nell's Quilts said...

I just love the way the blue and yellow play together - sunshine and blue skies. Great finish on the flying geese.

PaulaB quilts said...

Congrats on the geese finish. The blue and yellow blocks will be dramatic. Keep up the good work! And give that crawler a hug for me.

Cathy said...

Your finished quilt is darling, and I love the miscellaneous bits you're playing with. But the best is your cute little man! He is absolutely adorable, and this grandma finds herself in need of baby cuddles..... *sigh*

Kathy S. said...

I'll be working on my garden party blocks as well this week. New crawlers are so much fun. Sounds like your garden is keeping you busy as well. LOVE the geese finish.

Cathy said...

I love how Remixed Geese turned out.
I also love little smiley man. How cute!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on completing Remixed Geese. I'm loving how your Orphan Quilt in BLUE is looking with the interlocking Star blocks on the design wall!! And, oh, that sweet smile. I'm sure it melts your heart a thousand times a day. Go, Pete, go!!

Angie said...

So much fun to catch up on all your news! Remixed Geese is a winner, for sure!

Deb A said...

Congrats on the quilt finish! It is lovely. Such a cutie you have there crawling around - I remember that stage well... followed by Mommy pick up stage =) Enjoy your quilting time.

Suz J said...

Lovely to see blue quilt projects in different stages of completion. The flying geese quilt is gorgeous... all those lovely fabrics, and the mis-cut pieces certainly look like they are making friends!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...