Sunday, July 2, 2017

July Goals

In June, my goals were...
1.  To tame the scraps: trimming, Bits and Bobs, Garden Party, Mini Nines, hourglass, Barn Dance, orphan blocks. Done, but for the orphans.

2.  Tell it to the Stars hand quilting, for whatever number is called.  Done, and done.  Two months worth complete.

3. Rose appliqué.  I think I can have it ready for basting by the end of the month.  High hopes?  Maybe, but I think I can.  I've begun hand quilting already.

4.  Have my flying geese quilt to flimsy stage by the end of the month.  I even basted it!

5.  Finish my big sister's quilt.  Done!

6.  Make two weighted blankets.  One of these can wait, but I'd really like to get the other one done and to my sister-in-law.  Done!

In July, my goals are:
1.  Tame my blue scraps: trim, Garden Party, mini 9s, hourglass, orphan blocks, and Barn Dance.  Maybe, if a miracle occurs, I'll lay out my Bits and Bobs and begin piecing the top.

2.  Get as far as I can on finishing Tell it to the Star.  I have four blocks to hand quilt, and I will finish at least two.

3.  Rose appliqué: keep quilting.

4.  Finish my flying geese quilt.  I have a quilting plan and threads selected.

5.  Make Sneaky Pete's name letters for the closet door.

6.  I would love to finish a few centerpiece mats for my mom, but I think I need my sister to do some embroidery, so I'll do my bit, mark them, and send them on.  I'll at least make the tops and make progress.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Congrats on all your progress in June. Good luck with your July plans.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...