Thursday, May 14, 2009

Miracle needed!

It's been a crazy two weeks in the "nini" room. My BiL has finally been diagnosed with end-stage kidney disease, caused by IgA nephropathy. He will start dialysis next week, my poor nephew thinks he, too, should experience kidney failure and have a transplant so he understands what's wrong with Daddy, and my sister will have to work next year since my BiL might be unable for a while if he has a transplant. Whew!

My DH brought a relic of Chaplain Kapaun to my BiL, so we are praying for one of two miracles - that his kidney function return (truly, a miracle) or that we quickly find a willing, compatible donor locally so that when school resumes in the fall, BiL might be able to work again within months. He's so young (just 33), but he's apparently been ill for years, even decades.

I'm grateful a diagnosis was given so quickly after he became seriously ill. At least he'll start to feel better with a diet overhaul, dialysis, and medications, and only time and God can tell if a transplant is in the future. It definitely made my own (minor) surgery take a back seat, and I haven't had time to feel sorry for my own discomfort - it's nothing compared to his!

So if you are of the praying sort (which I am), would you remember my BiL? And if you are Catholic (which I am), maybe ask Chaplain Kapaun for a miracle... then one day soon Chaplain Kapaun might be declared a Saint!

A little quiltiness here and there, but the garden is demanding lots of time... Away I go!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...