Saturday, May 2, 2009

Week #18 Stash Report

Whew! Surgery is over and recovery is commenced. Now to wait the biopsy results, and then it will all be behind me! I figure I'll write my stash report while I have the peace and energy.

I sewed some curtains for our unfinished basement in an attempt to hide our food stores. That's 14 1/2 yards out!

I finished the Japanese quilt (and if I could find the camera cord, you would see a picture!). It's quite lovely - DH wishes I weren't giving it away! 14 3/4 yards out.

Today, I went to a quilt shop in search of a suitable quilting template for the T-shirt quilt, but didn't find one. Instead, I bought template plastic to buy my own. DH picked out a yard of purple batik, and I picked up two fat quarters with stars on them.

IN this week: 1 1/2 yards
IN YTD: 114 1/2 yards

OUT this week: 29 1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 93 1/4 yards

Total YTD: 21 1/4 yards IN

I am making progress - my total hasn't been this low since January 6. I bought the fabric today as a bit of a joke - when I was in labor with the assistant, I went fabric shopping with my mom to get the fabric to finish a few quilts. The day before I was induced with the screamer, I'm pretty sure I bought fabric. Today, to celebrate surgery being over, I had to buy something!

Now for a few days of recuperation, then back to work. It's good to have time to rest.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Vicki H. said...

Hope your recoup is going well. I love your quilts. Waiting for biopsy reports are the worst. I just went through that myself. I found that quilting during the recoup was great fun slower than usual but fun.

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...